Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Ron Davis <rj...@yadtel.net> on 2013/02/17 13:27:36 UTC

saving documents on a mac

I have a new macbook pro and I am unable to save documents in folders that I used on my PC.  I cannot get past documents folder to individual folders when saving documents.  I can create new folders but I then cannot get to them to save a document in them.

Help,
Ron Davis
rjdavis713@yadtel.net

Success is not final and failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts. - Winston Churchill

Re: saving documents on a mac

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2013-02-18 5:47 AM Ron Davis wrote:
> My PC was Windows XP and I have transferred all of my documents from the PC to the Mac. My
> Macbook is 10.8.2.  I am having difficulty getting past Documents to individual folders in
> saving on the Mac.
When you try do save do you see a hierarchy of folders beneath Documents. If not, click on the
triangle to the right of the document name.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: saving documents on a mac

Posted by Keith Bainbridge <ke...@gmail.com>.
G'day Ron

OK. I think I saw a suggestion asking if you can see your files in finder, and I
can't see you answer.

Are you familiar with the command line?

I haven't used OSX for many months but the basics are similar to linux, so
will do my best.  It's time I got that OSX virtual machine running anyway.

Keith Bainbridge
PO Box324
BELMONT Vic 3216

0447667468

keithrbaugroups@gmail.com

Re: saving documents on a mac

Posted by Ron Davis <rj...@yadtel.net>.
Keith,
My PC was Windows XP and I have transferred all of my documents from the PC
to the Mac. My Macbook is 10.8.2.  I am having difficulty getting past
Documents to individual folders in saving on the Mac.

Thanks,
Ronald Davis
Executive Coach

Re: saving documents on a mac

Posted by Keith Bainbridge <ke...@gmail.com>.
G'day Ron

First off, what operating system is that PC, and how is the disk connected to

Re: saving documents on a mac

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 07:27:36 -0500
Ron Davis <rj...@yadtel.net> wrote:

> I have a new macbook pro and I am unable to save documents in folders that I used on my PC.  I cannot get past documents folder to individual folders when saving documents.  I can create new folders but I then cannot get to them to save a document in them.
>
> Help,
> Ron Davis
> rjdavis713@yadtel.net

Can you access such folders and save files there from other applications, outside of OpenOffice?

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>