Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Fernando Jeronymo <FJ...@siac.com> on 2002/02/27 01:58:42 UTC

HP-UX 11 Port

Please, I am trying to port xerces-perl to HP-UX 11.

It just won't work...

I am using HP-UX 11, and aCC to build Xerces-Perl.

First I was having this error:

Error 173: "/opt/aCC/include_std/limits", line 565 # Redefined symbol
'numeric_limits<char>'; previously defined at ["/opt/aCC/include_std/limits",
line 502].
    _RWSTD_SPECIALIZE_LIMITS (bool, int, _RWSTD_BOOL)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Error 705: "/opt/aCC/include_std/limits", line 565 # A template must be declared
before it can be explicitly specialized.
    _RWSTD_SPECIALIZE_LIMITS (bool, int, _RWSTD_BOOL)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Error 445: "/opt/aCC/include_std/limits", line 565 # Cannot recover from earlier
errors.
    _RWSTD_SPECIALIZE_LIMITS (bool, int, _RWSTD_BOOL)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Then I start to add -DHAS_BOOL to the compiler flags.

Now I am getting this error:

Error 212: "Xerces.C", line 54825 # Argument type 'unsigned int *' does not
match expected parameter type 'unsigned long *'.
                XMLByte *xmlbytes = (XMLByte *)SvPV(ST(0), arg2);
                                               ^^^^

What should I do now? I really need to use Xerces-Perl under HP-UX 11.... can
you give me any lights?

Thanks,

Fernando Cavalcanti Jeronymo
SIAC : (212) 383-5067

 email: fjeronym@siac.com

        fcavalcanti@bigfoot.com

Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein.

Re: HP-UX 11 Port

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Fernando Jeronymo" <FJ...@siac.com> writes:

> Please, I am trying to port xerces-perl to HP-UX 11.
>
> It just won't work...
>
> I am using HP-UX 11, and aCC to build Xerces-Perl.

Hey Fernando,

The big problem at the moment is that XML::Xerces has no idea of how
Xerces-C was built (primarily what CCFLAGS were used). I've put a
little bit of work into handling this, but I just haven't prioritized
Xerces work lately, and so it is not getting done.

> First I was having this error:
>
> Error 173: "/opt/aCC/include_std/limits", line 565 # Redefined symbol
> 'numeric_limits<char>'; previously defined at ["/opt/aCC/include_std/limits",
> line 502].
>     _RWSTD_SPECIALIZE_LIMITS (bool, int, _RWSTD_BOOL)
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Error 705: "/opt/aCC/include_std/limits", line 565 # A template must be declared
> before it can be explicitly specialized.
>     _RWSTD_SPECIALIZE_LIMITS (bool, int, _RWSTD_BOOL)
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Error 445: "/opt/aCC/include_std/limits", line 565 # Cannot recover from earlier
> errors.
>     _RWSTD_SPECIALIZE_LIMITS (bool, int, _RWSTD_BOOL)
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>

> Then I start to add -DHAS_BOOL to the compiler flags.

good, I'm glad that helped, I've added a hints/hpux.pl file with that
information.

> Now I am getting this error:
>

> Error 212: "Xerces.C", line 54825 # Argument type 'unsigned int *' does not
> match expected parameter type 'unsigned long *'.
>                 XMLByte *xmlbytes = (XMLByte *)SvPV(ST(0), arg2);

This looks familiar. There are a number of platforms that behave
differenly with the MemBufInputSource constructor.

Try adding a cast:

   XMLByte *xmlbytes = (XMLByte *)SvPV(ST(0), (unsigned long)arg2);

and see if that helps. I'd really like to know why different platforms
are choking on this command.

jas.