Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by j k <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/22 08:33:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: apache 2.2 conf issue

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:39 PM, j k <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm upgrading from 2.0.59 to 2.2.6 on a gentoo box and the vhost config is
> giving me grief:
>
> 2.2.6 will deliver normal content from the document root
> /var/ww/localhost/htdocs via http://myserver when only
> vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf  and
> vhosts.d/default_vhost.include
> are present,
>
> however as soon as I add a single virtual host
> vhosts.d/0000_any_80_myserver.conf
>
> it returns a 403 for the document root when I access http://myserver
> <snip>

Never mind /blush/  there is a new deny from all in  modules.d
/00_default_settings.conf

# We configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of features.
<Directory />
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
</Directory>

Which needs to be overridden for each and every virtual host, not sure why
it allowed reading / when there were no vhosts...