Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/02/01 09:53:54 UTC

Perhaps we need a download.html page?

Hi,

Currently the top google link in google for "download Flex 4.9) is:
http://flex.apache.org/download.html

Which doesn't exist - any change that URL can redirect to the binary download page or perhaps installer page?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Perhaps we need a download.html page?

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
It's been on my list to setup the sitemap on Google.  I haven't done one in
years, but I'll see if I can play with it this evening.

-Nick

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Perhaps we need a download.html page?

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Feb 1, 2013, at 11:49 AM, Om wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Also the 3rd google hit is missing:
>> http://flex.apache.org/news.html
>>
>> I know google will eventually get it right but perhaps we need a stand
>> alone news page?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
>>

> I think we should have a catch all directive that redirects pages to the
> home page.  I dont see a .htaccess on our site.  Would it be a problem if
> we had one at flex.apache.org level?

No problem. Good idea.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Done!

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Perhaps we need a download.html page?

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.