Posted to users@rave.apache.org by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com> on 2015/11/10 18:32:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] Moving Rave to the Attic

Given the lack of project activity, the PMC and the Board have been
discussing moving the project to the Apache Attic.

The code and releases will remain in an archived and accessible state, but
the project would be decommissioned and the PMC dissolved.

As a community-driven project, we want to make sure that everyone has the
opportunity to weigh in on the decision.

Please use this thread to discuss.

The Apache Rave PMC

Re: [DISCUSS] Moving Rave to the Attic

Posted by Sean Cooper <se...@apache.org>.
+1 for moving to the attic

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by "Sharples, Paul" <p....@bolton.ac.uk>.
+1

RE: Re: [DISCUSS] Moving Rave to the Attic

Posted by Ross Gardler <Ro...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Renan Costa Alencar <re...@renanalencar.eng.br>.
Gonzalo, I would like to help you.

Posted by Renan Costa Alencar <re...@renanalencar.eng.br>.
Thanks, dude! I'm looking forward to hearing from you very soon!

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <

Posted by Ross Gardler <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
Bear in mind that this new project cannot use the name Rave, other than that, good luck.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________

Posted by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com>.
Hi Renan,

Posted by Renan Costa Alencar <re...@renanalencar.eng.br>.
Any news, Gonzalo?

Posted by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
+1 for moving to the attic

Posted by Raminderjeet Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jasha and Scott for great thoughts. +1 for moving Rave to attic.

Posted by Raminderjeet Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nimrod Fridlin <ni...@motorolasolutions.com>.
Hi all,
I think i am getting this mail by mistake :)
please check if you didnt forget the real person who is suppose to read and
comment to this mail..

Thanks,
Nimrod.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

> I haven’t been active on the project since its graduation. But passively
> watching the activity, it makes sense to move the project to attic and
> preserve the artifacts so far. If there is a quorum on future to
> re-enegerize based on a new shindig alternative (if that ever happens),
> then its seamless to get the project back live.
>
> Suresh
>
> > On Nov 10, 2015, at 12:32 PM, Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Given the lack of project activity, the PMC and the Board have been
> > discussing moving the project to the Apache Attic.
> >
> > The code and releases will remain in an archived and accessible state,
> but
> > the project would be decommissioned and the PMC dissolved.
> >
> > As a community-driven project, we want to make sure that everyone has the
> > opportunity to weigh in on the decision.
> >
> > Please use this thread to discuss.
> >
> > The Apache Rave PMC

Nimrod.

Re: [DISCUSS] Moving Rave to the Attic