Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sri ram <pi...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/03/15 15:05:39 UTC

BackportUtil jar causing memory leak

Hi Axis2 Users,

This is regarding the jar backport-util-concurrent.jar which is being used in Axis2 at some
stage of processing the request .However the  hprof file shows a lot issues with this
jar as  it consumes a lot of heap space and causing memory leak .Finally causing the tomcat to crash .
Can anyone suggest the root cause of the issue or direct me to the improvised jar.
This issue is critical.
I can provide more info on this if required.

Thanks,
Sriram

Re: BackportUtil jar causing memory leak

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 09:46, mohit sikri <si...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi Andreas/Axis Team,
>
> It is since which version of axis2.

Since Axis2 1.5.

> We are using axis2.1.4 and there seems to be a tight coupling between the two(backport.jar and axis core(kernel)), isn't there any system parameter which can be configured or a way to configure axis2.xml so as to switch to concurrency framework provided by jdk5 rather than using backport.jar, by still maintaining the same version of axis.

No.

Posted by mohit sikri <si...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Andreas/Axis Team,

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.