Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2002/12/03 23:55:01 UTC

GMANE and list moderation (was RE: Back again)

I received a MODERATE request for this e-mail.  I'm figuring that it is
because the Sender header is news@main.gmane.org, the From is the real
sender, and perhaps neither is a subscribed member of the mailing list.

If people are going to be encouraged to read without being members of the
list, and to submit via gmane, that could become an issue for moderator
requests.

Before I go ask about this on infrastructure@, is there a known solution to
this issue?

	--- Noel

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 07:26  PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> Reply-To-All when approving the post, and posts from that user won't
>> hit moderation requests again.
>
> Why would I want to approve all e-mails from GMANE?  That would open a
> security hole.  Or is the list manager picking up the From header
> instead of
> the Sender header?

My guess it was based off of From.. Sam would know for sure (he's the
one that told me of that trick anyways :)
-pete

Re: GMANE and list moderation (was RE: Back again)

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.