Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Patrik Nagel <pa...@gmx.ch> on 2009/10/05 10:26:14 UTC

Define dependency with set of valid configurations

Hi,

Is there a way in Ivy to define a dependency with a set of valid configurations? In other words, I try to express that module X in configuration 'src' depends on module Y in configuration 'src_1' OR in configuration 'src_2' OR in configuration 'src_3'? Thus, module X depends on Y but can use any of the three defined configurations of Y.

The Ivy file for module X would look like as follows:
(Note that I used a kind of regular expression in the conf mapping to explain my requirement)

<configurations>
  <conf name="src"/>
</configurations>

<dependencies>
  <dependency org="myOrg" name="Y" conf="src->(src_1|src_2|src_3)" rev="1.4.0"/>
</dependencies>

Thanks in advance,
Patrik

Re: Define dependency with set of valid configurations

Posted by Niklas Matthies <ml...@nmhq.net>.
On Mon 2009-10-05 at 10:26h, Patrik Nagel wrote on ivy-user:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way in Ivy to define a dependency with a set of valid
> configurations? In other words, I try to express that module X in
> configuration 'src' depends on module Y in configuration 'src_1' OR
> in configuration 'src_2' OR in configuration 'src_3'? Thus, module X
> depends on Y but can use any of the three defined configurations of
> Y.

This is not possible because there is no mechanism that would tell Ivy
which of src_1, src_2 or src_3 to pick. You probably need to split the
'src' configuration of module X into three configurations as well, so
that clients of X can decide which configuration of Y they want along
with X.

-- Niklas Matthies