Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com> on 2003/03/29 16:47:56 UTC

Package jar by id

I am trying to gump something that depends upon commons-vfs. In order to
build that I need (from the commons-vfs gump.xml):

	<depend project="jakarta-slide" ids="client-webdavlib" />

I tried building slide, but to no avail -- too many dependencies for me to
handle, so I installed the package:

	  <project name="jakarta-slide" package="jakarta-slide" />

and I downloaded the nightly drop.

When I run gen.sh I get this error:

	Dropping project commons-vfs because of Exception java.lang.Exception: A
jar wit
h id "client-webdavlib" was not found in project "commons-vfs" referenced by
project jakarta-slide

.. but I do NOT get any complaints about my package.

In the project/jakarta-slide.xml (does it still use this even if my profile
doesn't include it?) I see :

    <jar name="client/lib/slide-webdavlib.jar" id="client-webdavlib"/>

and that file exists.

I tried including it in my profile, but then it tries to build it. I tried
remove="true", but same result as above.

Help appreciated.

regards

Adam
--
<http://www.try.sybase.com>
Experience Sybase Technology ...

RE: Package jar by id

Posted by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com>.
Ok, my bad. I guess I am a little (lot) lost inside here & just not seeing
straight...

It turns out that these two are also dependences of commons-vfs not
jakarta-slide, I just wasn't seeing that since I was focused on
jakarta-slide. Further, they are module definitions w/o build scripts (for
whatever reason, license maybe) so I needed to install them as packages even
though I thought I was trying to build them. All perfectly clear once I can
see the wood for the trees....

Thanks for tolerance of the noise...

regards

Adam
Posted by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com>.

Re: Package jar by id

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Adam Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> wrote:

> 	Missing prereq
> 	/homelocal/build/packages/jakarta-slide/dist/client/lib/slide-webdavlib.jar
> 	from jakarta-slide
>
> 	Missing prereq
> 	/homelocal/build/gump-ws/jcifs/jcifs-0.7.1.jar from jcifs
>
> 	Missing prereq
> 	/homelocal/build/gump-ws/jsch/dist/lib/jsch-gump.jar from
> 	jsch
>
> I can understand the first

That's the one I don't understand 8-)

Is the file not there?

The other two are "installed packages", things you have to download
and put in the place referenced above in order to build VFS.

> I commented out those dependencies.

Where?  How?

commons-vfs does depend on them, so you cannot simply ignore those
dependencies.

Stefan

RE: Package jar by id

Posted by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com>.
Once again I spoke a little too soon. The gen.sh "worked" but the build gave
this for commons-vfs:

	Missing prereq
/homelocal/build/packages/jakarta-slide/dist/client/lib/slide-webdavlib.jar
from jakarta-slide

	Missing prereq /homelocal/build/gump-ws/jcifs/jcifs-0.7.1.jar from jcifs

	Missing prereq /homelocal/build/gump-ws/jsch/dist/lib/jsch-gump.jar from
jsch

I can understand the first (although I'd rather not see it, help
appreciated...) but the second/third I have no clue about. I commented out
those dependencies. Is something cached that I can clean out?

regards

Adam
Posted by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com>.

Re: Package jar by id

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Adam Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> wrote:

> so I installed the package:
>
> 	  <project name="jakarta-slide" package="jakarta-slide" />

Did you provide a new module definition for slide or use the old one
(with <cvs> and <ant> and all that)?  What does your new definition
for slide look like (if you've written one)?

> In the project/jakarta-slide.xml (does it still use this even if my
> profile doesn't include it?)

No, it doesn't.