Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Gernot Veith <ve...@pixel.de> on 2008/04/15 07:32:59 UTC

Q: Extending chart data section in a sheet ?

Hello all,

to create a chart from table data, you have to define a selection the
chart will be made of.
Is it possible to modify (increase or decrease) this selection via POI ?
Currently I don't see any possibility to do that.
You also can assign a XML schema to the sheet to import data from XML.
This assignment  creates a selection as well.
Is it possible to modify this selection ?

TIA
Gernot

Re: Q: Extending chart data section in a sheet ?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Gernot Veith wrote:
> thanks for your reply. As I'm new to POI, are there any HOWTOs or
> axamples, how I can manage this ?

Your best bet is probably:
 	http://poi.apache.org/hssf/quick-guide.html#NamedRanges

Nick

Re: Q: Extending chart data section in a sheet ?

Posted by Gernot Veith <ve...@pixel.de>.
hello Nick,

.

Re: Q: Extending chart data section in a sheet ?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.