Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2018/07/02 09:33:16 UTC

JDK 11 is now in Rampdown Phase one

Hi Mark,

*JDK 11 is now in Rampdown Phase one***
The overall feature set is frozen. No further JEPs will be targeted to
this release.We’ve forked the main-line source repository, jdk/jdk, to
the jdk/jdk11 stabilization repository. Any changes pushed to jdk/jdk or
jdk/client are now bound for JDK 12.

  * For more details , see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing list
    [1]
  * The Rampdown Phase one process  [2].

*Note: -* Early-Access build archive format on Windows has changed to zip.

Since our last email the following JEPs have been targeted to JDK 11 :

  * 181: Nest-Based Access Control
  * 315: Improve Aarch64 Intrinsics
  * 330: Launch Single-File Source-Code Programs
  * 331: Low-Overhead Heap Profiling
  * 332: Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3
  * 333: ZGC: A Scalable Low-Latency Garbage Collector (Experimental)
  * 335: *Deprecate the Nashorn JavaScript Engine*
  * 336: *Deprecate the Pack200 Tools and API*

Other important changes since last email:

    Build 19:
    JDK-8205043 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8205043> : G1
    enables adaptive parallel reference processing by default
    Build 18:
    JDK-8196141 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8196141> : Add
    GoDaddy root certificates
    JDK-8204243 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8204243> :
    *remove Thread.destroy() and Thread.stop(Throwable)*
    JDK-8202088 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202088> :
    Japanese New Era Implementation
    Build 17:
    JDK-8189949 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8189949> :
    Remove Baltimore Cybertrust Code Signing CA
    JDK-8191031 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191031> :
    Remove several Symantec Root CAs
    JDK-8072996 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8072996> :
    Deprecate stream-based GSSContext methods
    Build 16:
    JDK-8191844 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191844> :
    Remove SECOM root

Rgds, Rory

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2018-June/001509.html
[2] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/11/#Schedule

Re: JDK 11 is now in Rampdown Phase one

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi Chris,

Please do let us know how your testing goes, if you find bugs we want to
know about
them as early as possible. I'm out next week but Muneer will be glad to
help.

Rgds,Rory

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell