Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Glenn Macgregor <gm...@pocketkings.ie> on 2009/01/09 17:16:07 UTC

Newbie Question

Hi All,

I am looking  into user ActiveMQ for our main message bus. I currently have a few Java applications which we manage using JConsole (jmx) and monitor.

This may seem like a strange question due to my lack of knowledge about this...but is there a way to hook up my jmx enabled apps into ActiveMQ with rewriting them?

Thanks

 Glenn

RE: Newbie Question

Posted by Glenn Macgregor <gm...@pocketkings.ie>.
James,

Thanks for the response. Not exactly sure which I want to do in your terms...maybe some hybrid.

The end result is to build from front-end GUI that attaches to ActiveMQ and shows stats (and potentially manages) some Java jmx enabled apps. Kind of like a JConsole which gets its data from ActiveMQ rather than rmi.

This comes from the fact that we want to connect c/c++ apps, .Net apps and Java apps to the message bus and monitor/manage all of them from a single interface.

Is ActiveMQ (with Camel?) something I should be looking at for this?

Thanks

 Glenn

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--