Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Raf <r....@gmail.com> on 2016/09/27 14:10:56 UTC

Configuring a custom Analyzer for the SynonymFilter

Hi,
is it possible to configure a custom analysis for synonyms the same way we
do for index/query field analysis?

Reading the *SynonymFilter* documentation[0], I have found I can specify a
custom analyzer by writing its class name.

Example:
<fieldType name="myField_it" class="solr.TextField" >
      <analyzer>
        <tokenizer class="MyTokenizer" />
        <filter class="MyFilter_1" />
        <filter class="MyFilter_2" />
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"
analyzer="org.apache.lucene.analysis.it.ItalianAnalyzer"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

What I would like to achieve, instead, it is something like this:
<fieldType name="myField_it" class="solr.TextField">
      <analyzer>
        <tokenizer class="MyTokenizer" />
        <filter class="MyFilter_1" />
        <filter class="MyFilter_2" />
ignoreCase="true" expand="true">
  <analyzer>
              <tokenizer class="MyTokenizer" />
              <filter class="MyFilter_1" />
            </analyzer>
</filter>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

I have tried to configure it this way, but it does not work.
I do not get any configuration error, but the custom analyzer is not
applied to synonyms.

Is it possible to achieve this result by configuration or am I forced to
write a custom Analyzer class?

I am currently using Solr 5.2.1.
At the moment I cannot upgrade to a newer version.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Regards,
*Raf*

[0]
http://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-5.2.pdf
  p. 132

Re: Configuring a custom Analyzer for the SynonymFilter

Posted by Raf <r....@gmail.com>.
Just to bring up to a conclusion, I have finally solved my issue by
creating a custom Analyzer for use with the SynonymFilter.
It is not as "declarative" as I would have hoped, but at least it works :)

Greetings,
*Raf*

Posted by Raf <r....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Before you go down this rabbit hole, are you actually sure this does
what you think it does?

As far as I can tell, that parameter is for analyzing/parsing the
synonym entries in the synonym file. Not the incoming search queries
or text actually being indexed. Did you get it to work with the
simpler configuration?

Just double checking.

Regards,
   Alex.