Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jon Svede <js...@yahoo.com> on 2013/10/09 20:25:56 UTC

searching nodes

Hi,

 I'm pretty new to JCR.

We're using Jackrabbit and have stored entire XML documents in the JCR. These docs haven't been fully decomposed, we're storing the XML as an item in the JCR.

I need to be able to search these stored documents to see what is loaded. I've been trying to understand how to do this but I haven't find any docs that describe in great detail what I need to do. Is this something I can do with a full text query like

"SELECT * FROM [some:packageNameHere] as f WHERE CONTAINS(f.*, 'Provider_ID="someProvider"')

This would be if the XML contained something lke Provider_ID="someProvider" somewhere in the XML.

Any pointers to docs, tutorials, etc., would be really helpful. My google searches haven't turned up anything that I've understood to be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Jon