Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alex Durgin <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/20 19:09:19 UTC

data corruption experiences

Recent messages to the list regarding durabilty and backup strategies
leads me to a few questions that other new users may also have.

What's the general experience with corruption to date?

Is it common?

Would I regret operating a single node cluster?

Digg referenced sending snapshots to hdfs. Is keeping snapshots local
to each node in a cluster deployment with replicas a bad idea?

Re: data corruption experiences

Posted by Alex Durgin <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the input.

My primary draw to Cassandra is dynamic schema. I could make it work
relationally, perhaps even nicely with something like postgres'
hstore, but I haven't investigated that fully yet. Relatively linear
scaling has it's appeal and competitive advantages too. I also find
the idea of lucandra for secondary indexes very appealing. Perhaps
with drizzle integration coming down the road some of the nicities of
sql can be enjoyed.

Posted by Chris Goffinet <go...@digg.com>.