Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by shreya hegde <hs...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/06 13:45:01 UTC

Unable to parse forwarded port issue

Hi Team

I have been facing issues lately when a spring boot application acts as a
proxy (using embedded tomcat 9.4) passes the request from load balancer to
the end web server(jetty)

However we see that get requests to through without any error but post
request fails with

Unable to parse port in forwarded type headers please use
forwardheaderfilter with remove only true.

Can some one please assist on this.

Weird why get is passing and not post

Shreya Hegde

Re: Unable to parse forwarded port issue

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Shreya,

On 5/6/21 09:45, shreya hegde wrote:
> Hi Team
>
> I have been facing issues lately when a spring boot application acts as a
> proxy (using embedded tomcat 9.4) passes the request from load balancer to
> the end web server(jetty)
>
> However we see that get requests to through without any error but post
> request fails with
>
> Unable to parse port in forwarded type headers please use
> forwardheaderfilter with remove only true.
>
> Can some one please assist on this.
>

> Weird why get is passing and not post

This looks like a Spring issue and not a Tomcat one. The message
suggests using ForwardHeaderFilter which is Spring-related and not from
Tomcat.

-chris