Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "ermanno.travaglino" <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/03 14:23:32 UTC

Security Token Service

Hi everybody,
I would like to implement a brokered authentication with STS. My development
environment is Eclipse and Tomcat, and now I have some RESTful services,
available via java client, or browser after a web portal authentication. Do
you could advise me to do this work in a clean and fast way? For now I have
an STS, provided by Talend (war). For example, how would I write a Java
client which interfaces with the STS? In other words, I need to implement a
subset of WS-*, in particular WS-Trust and WS-Security...

Thanks in advance.

Ermanno

Re: AW: Security Token Service

Posted by "ermanno.travaglino" <er...@gmail.com>.
Oliver Wulff-2 wrote

> Do you use CXF in your Java client?

I will write a simple Java client that requires a token at STS, receives and
processes the response.

Oliver Wulff-2 wrote

> If you use already the Talend STS have a look to the Talend ESB examples
> which is based on CXF. You can find the security example here:
> <talend-esb-install-dir>/examples/talend/tesb/rent-a-car/crmservice/service-endpoint-sts/src/main/resources/saml.policy

Yes, I've a running istance of STS in Tomcat (myhost/SecurityTokenService).

Ermanno

AW: Security Token Service

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Do you use CXF in your Java client?

If yes, you can achieve that without programming just by configuration. Your WSDL of the service must contain a WS-SecurityPolicy element which defined an "IssuedToken" assertion (which means request a token from the STS). You can also configure the token type in this policy. Your jaxws:client spring bean must contain the STS Client configuration where you configure the URL of the STS and such.

If you use already the Talend STS have a look to the Talend ESB examples which is based on CXF. You can find the security example here:
<talend-esb-install-dir>/examples/talend/tesb/rent-a-car/crmservice/service-endpoint-sts/src/main/resources/saml.policy

You can find more information here:
http://coheigea.blogspot.com/2011/09/saml-securitypolicy-enforcement-in-cxf.html

HTH

Oli