Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ja...@productive1.com on 2018/04/23 18:57:55 UTC

Returns in OFbiz - Business Case

Team - I would one go about creating a Return that is NOT tied to a
sales order.

Use Case would be we only bring over open sales document when launching
the ofbiz.  Customer calls in and wants to return an item for a sales
order that we did not initially bring over to the Ofbiz.  How do we go
about creating that Return since the original sales order is not in the
system

Thanks,

James

Re: Returns in OFbiz - Business Case

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Either you need to import the orders before creating returns. Or you may
need to handle it like non product handled while placing the sales order,
which would be customized for sure. That means, your system would be
capable of returning products for which you won't have any sale in the
system.

To return such product you need to know product information and return
price. Finally handle its receiving so that it is not linked with any
order. Again please consider that you need to do some customization in the
return services. As far as I remember returns of such items for which no
sales associated not possible OOTB.

HTH!

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.