Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tk-2506 <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/08 21:03:20 UTC

tomcat 5.5 wants to shut down on its own

When the following exceptions occurs (from the tomcat log, and for which
tomcat doesn't include stack
traces), tomcat says it's shutting down, although it never does. Any idea:
1) Why these exceptions?
2) Failed to restart: What is it trying to restart?
3) Why tomcat wants to shut down?
4) What to do about them? I don't believe we are throwing these exceptions
out to tomcat, as we are
catching all Throwables.

It is true that we have various hosts around the cluster in the application,
which may go up and down.
Happens with any version up to 5.5.20.

11:16:54 Info [Tomcat]: Server startup in 50896 ms
13:20:52 Warning [Tomcat]: Failed to restart: java.io.IOException: Failed to
get a RMI stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: XXXX; nested
exception is:
	java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
13:20:53 Warning [Tomcat]: Failed to call the method
close():java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.10.101.27;
nested exception is:
13:20:53 Warning [Tomcat]: Failed to check connection:
13:20:53 Warning [Tomcat]: stopping

tia

Re: [OT] tomcat 5.5 wants to shut down on its own

Posted by tk-2506 <sa...@yahoo.com>.
It looks like "stopping" is not written by Tomcat, but by RMI again... case
closed.

Posted by tk-2506 <sa...@yahoo.com>.