Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Rouwendaal, Fernand" <Fe...@nl.compuware.com> on 2001/02/26 14:48:38 UTC

TRACE Priority in log4j ?

Hi there,

I was wondering: Is it an option to include the TRACE Priority in the
standard log4j package ?

On one hand, I understand the standard package should be kept 'lean and
mean' (and of course I can make subclasses like XTest, XCategory and
XPriority - certainly since 1.1beta1 !).

On the other, I think a lot of users (at least me ;-) would be happy if such
a Priority is by default available.

What do you think ?

	- Fernand.

RE: Default Configuration Key

Posted by Rex Madden <re...@microcreditcard.com>.
The system property is log4j.configuration.

To use it, run java using "java -Dlog4j.configuration=<file>" where <file>
is a URL in the form "file:/usr/configFileName"  or
"file:///c:/configfilename' for windows.

I was wondering what is the easiest way to override the default
configuration key so that I can specify where
the log4j.properties is searched for?

Thanks

Default Configuration Key