Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ben <ne...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/01 04:03:40 UTC

Tomcat in chroot

Hi

I am trying to setup Tomcat in chroot environment and have
successfully started it up. However, when I run Tomcat in chroot, I
see 10+ Tomcat processes as oppose to a single Tomcat process in a
non-chroot environment. Why is this? Is it normal?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: Tomcat in chroot

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Apparently you are seeing what users of some flavors of *nix see. That is
you are seeing each thread as a separate process rather than one. When
running a chroot environment things act a little differently. I would not be
too concerned as long as top reports back proper memory usage. Note that you
may have many listing each showing all the same memory amount, this is
normal and that is the total all those threads use together and not each.

Doug