Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by Nirmal Mukhi <nm...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/05/22 22:11:55 UTC

Re: WSIF status

Hello Harshal,

WSIF is being maintained at Apache; there is an active user community that
posts to the mailing lists with bugs, fixes, questions, etc. Re. your
question about accessing remote WSDLs, WSIF 2.0 is quite out of date, you
are better of downloading a recent build to get new functions and bug fixes
that have been added since then. We need to consolidate this inot a new
release, but for now you'll have to do with a nightly build.

Take a look at http://ws.apache.org/wsif for instructions on how to
subscribe to the mailing list, access mail archives, etc.

Thanks,
Nirmal.

             "Harshal
             Mulherkar"
             <harshal@mmodal.c                                          To
             om>                       Nirmal Mukhi/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                                                                        cc
             05/22/2006 11:37
                                       WSIF status

Dear Mr. Mukhi,

With reference to your article on WSIF, Sep 1, 2001
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-wsif.html#resources
I would like to ask about the status of the WSIF project. Is this abandoned
by IBM? Is this being maintained at all by Apache?

I encountered a discrepancy in the documentation and I could not find any
conclusive answer about the following API functions:

org.apache.wsif.util
Class WSIFUtils

|-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------|
|           static|readWSDL(javax.wsdl.xml.WSDLLocator loc)               |
|javax.wsdl.Defini|                                                       |
|             tion|                                                       |
|-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------|
|           static|readWSDLThroughAuthProxy(java.lang.String wsdlLoc,     |
|javax.wsdl.Defini|java.net.PasswordAuthentication pa)                    |
|             tion|                                                       |
|-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------|

Source:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbihelp/v6rxmx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wasee.doc/info/ee/javadoc/wsi/org/apache/wsif/util/WSIFUtils.html

These 2 methods in WSIFUtils class are apparently the only 2 methods to
access a WSDL on a web server that requires user authentication. However
these methods are not available in the WSIF-2.0 distribution of Apache’s
WSIF. This raises the question whether WSIF is production ready or not.

I would greatly appreciate any pointers from you

Many thanks,
Harshal Mulherkar
Multimodal Technologies, Inc
319 South Craig Street
Pittsburgh 15213

Re: WSIF status

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
hi Harshal,

you can find the latest WSIF build as a pre-release at this temporary
location http://people.apache.org/dist/ws/wsif/
and hopefully in near future we have a maintenance release 2.1 - if
there are any improvements or bugs please post to wsif-dev and submit an
issue to apache WSIF jira.

thanks,

alek