Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vikrama Sanjeeva <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/26 00:39:16 UTC

[users@httpd] All "G" in scoreboard

Hi all,

  Right now its not a peak time on my web server, but still I see 200
concurrent requests and all of them are in G state,

200 requests currently being processed, 12 idle workers

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG_GGG_G_GGWGGG___GGG__GGGG
GGGGG.GG.G.GGG_.GG_.G.G_.........._..........C..................

I don't understand why 200 requests? Is it real-time figure or some
old/stale apache child processes which didn't end for some reason ? Before
capturing above scoreboard status; routine cron for log rollup run which
restarted apache gracefully, but still I see no difference in concurrent
request (still 200). Also:

ps -A | grep -c httpd

is giving 213

>From hhtpd.conf

####################
<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers       8
MinSpareServers    5
MaxSpareServers   20
MaxClients       250
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>
####################

My understanding is that; at any given time, if server-status is saying "XYZ
requests currently being processed...." then it means; XYZ HTTP requests are
"currently" being executed by web server.

Bye,
Viki.

Re: [users@httpd] All "G" in scoreboard

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Vikrama Sanjeeva
<vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   Right now its not a peak time on my web server, but still I see 200
> concurrent requests and all of them are in G state,
>
> 200 requests currently being processed, 12 idle workers
>
> GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
> GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
> GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG_GGG_G_GGWGGG___GGG__GGGG
>

> I don't understand why 200 requests? Is it real-time figure or some
> old/stale apache child processes which didn't end for some reason ? Before
> capturing above scoreboard status; routine cron for log rollup run which
> restarted apache gracefully, but still I see no difference in concurrent
> request (still 200). Also:

Sounds like they're hung, and they'll never finish exiting gracefully.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com