Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2001/06/01 09:41:15 UTC

web_app in JTC

Did you, Pier, agree to move the mod_webapp/warp stuff
in jakarta-tomcat-connector and use these CVS instead
the one from TC 4.0 ?

Having all the connector stuff in a common area will help
users (it's what we want), and could also allow us to have
a release rate different from the main servlet-engine rate
(TC 3.2/3.3/4.0).

We could concentrate on common documentation, faq and so-on.

We migth even see people using others servlet-engine, like
jetty, using the jakarta-tomcat-connector to have a connector
for their prefered servlet-engine.

Where could I find a description of warp protocol ?
As you know I started to work on ajp13 successor, ajp14
and like to see if we could merge the both.

Also do you consider adding to mod_webapp the support for
load-balancing and fault-tolerance ?

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr        (. .)

Re: web_app in JTC

Posted by kevin seguin <se...@motive.com>.
i think pier said he didn't care one way or the other, and that if
someone wanted to move mod_webapp/warp to jtc, they could go ahead and
do it -- but i shouldn't speak for pier :)