Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Nutulapati, Krishna" <KN...@ussco.com> on 2008/04/16 21:05:29 UTC

RE: problem associated with RadioButton(Response to Richard)

 Hi Richard,
Thanks for your help.
I tried it in the way you suggested.
Here is my jsf code
<h:column id="column1">
<f:facet name="header">
	<h:outputText styleClass="itemListHeader"
			value="SEL"
			id="testRadio">
	</h:outputText>
</f:facet>

<tri:selectOneRadio 	id ="radio" required="yes"
			      styleClass="selectOneRadio"
			      valueChangeListener= "#{editItemBean.
			        idHasChanged}"
                        immediate="true"
                        partialSubmit="true"
autoSubmit = "true">
</tri:selectOneRadio >
</h:column>

Here is my java code

public void handleRadio1ValueChange(ValueChangeEvent valueChangedEvent)
{
		System.out.println("Value Change Event
is"+valueChangedEvent.getSource().toString());
	}

I'm getting the following exception.
javax.el.ELException: /EditItem.jsp: Bean:
com.ussco.substitution.view.bean.EditItemBean, property: idHasChanged
	at
com.sun.facelets.compiler.AttributeInstruction.write(AttributeInstructio
n.java:53)
	at
com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions.encodeBegin(UIInstructions.java
:39)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.RendererUtils.renderChild(RendererUtils.jav
a:441)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.RendererUtils.renderChildren(RendererUtils.
java:427)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.RendererUtils.renderChild(RendererUtils.jav
a:448)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlTableRendererBase.renderColumnBody
(HtmlTableRendererBase.java:195)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlTableRendererBase.encodeColumnChil
d(HtmlTableRendererBase.java:168)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlTableRendererBase.encodeInnerHtml(
HtmlTableRendererBase.java:154)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlTableRendererBase.encodeChildren(H
tmlTableRendererBase.java:94)
	at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.jav
a:735)
	at
com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentSupport.encodeRecursive(ComponentSuppo
rt.java:244)
	at
com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentSupport.encodeRecursive(ComponentSuppo
rt.java:249)
	at
com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentSupport.encodeRecursive(ComponentSuppo
rt.java:249)
	at
com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:5
94)
	at
com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.
java:87)
	at
com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:220)
	at
com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:118)
	at
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:198)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.ja
va:966)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.ja
va:907)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterCh
ain.java:145)
	at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:118)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInst
anceWrapper.java:190)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterCh
ain.java:130)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterC
hain.java:87)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilter
Manager.java:701)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilter
Manager.java:646)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrap
per.java:475)
	at
com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWr
apper.java:463)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3129)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:238)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:811
)
	at
com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1
433)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:9
3)
	at
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscriminatio
n(HttpInboundLink.java:465)
	at
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformatio
n(HttpInboundLink.java:394)
	at
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpIC
LReadCallback.java:102)
	at
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(Ai
oReadCompletionListener.java:152)
	at
com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.
java:213)
	at
com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.fireCompletionActions(AbstractAsync
Future.java:195)
	at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136)
	at
com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:194)
	at
com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java
:741)
	at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:863)
	at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1510)

Can you plese suggest me where I'm going wrong. How can I explore the
syntaxes
corresponding to even captruing methods in backing bean.
I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Krishna.

'

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.
Krishna,
Do you have handleRadio1ValueChange anywhere else in your page? Is your
valueChangeListener attribute on one line or two? From the error
message, the JSP page processor is treating handleRadio1ValueChange as a
property instead of a method.

-Richard

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.
This code:
public void handleRadio1ValueChange(ValueChangeEvent valueChangedEvent)
{
               System.out.println("Value Change Event
is"+valueChangedEvent.getSource().toString());
       }

doesn't match what you have for your valueChangeListener.

tri:selectOneRadio     id ="radio" required="yes"
                             styleClass="selectOneRadio"
                             valueChangeListener= "#{editItemBean.
                               idHasChanged}"
                       immediate="true"
                       partialSubmit="true"
autoSubmit = "true">

The valueChangedListener attribute should be:
valueChangeListener= "#{editItemBean.handleRadio1ValueChange}"

-R