Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> on 2016/06/14 20:19:12 UTC

OODT 1.0

Hi folks,

Something we've mulled over for a while now is when to call OODT 0.x -> 1.0.

Some of us feel we've reached that point, the code base is largely stable
and feels like feature complete enough to call it 1.0, so I would like to
release it.

Part of the reasoning for this is we have a number of large changes in the
pipeline, including:

Revamped OPSUI
Internal messaging implementation
Replace XMLRPC with Avro
New curation app
A bunch of new file manager backends

and more.

Releasing 1.0 would allow us to then start work in revamping the trunk to
implement these features, that would include a number of sizeable
architecture changes under the hood.

Does anyone have any great argument against releasing 1.0? I figure I
should ask before getting into the release cycle.

Cheers

Tom

Re: OODT 1.0

Posted by "Cinquini, Luca (398G)" <Lu...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi,
	I support this plan as well… A stable release with XML/RPC and switch to AVRO later…
thanks, Luca

Re: OODT 1.0

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
ACK