Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/15 01:30:19 UTC

[VOTE] Retirement of Weex

As the Weex Podling project PPMC is not active enough, it is time to
think about going through the retirement process[1].

I just quote the guide of Incubator retirement[2], incase of you
aren't familiar with the process.
After retirement, " the project is no longer developed at the Apache
Incubator and does not have any other duties. It’s important to view
this process as being the retirement of the podling community, not the
code. It should not be implied that the code is not for use - just
that it has no community. So long as the Incubator’s copyright
requirements are fulfilled by the podling prior to retirement, its
source code will continue to be made available through version
control."

Please vote to retirement of Weex:

[ ] +1 Support to retire Weex from Apache Incubator
[ ] -1  Do not Support to retire Weex from Apache Incubator (please
provide specific comments)

[1]https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html#deciding_to_retire
[2]https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html#what_is_retirement

Thanks,

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by Adam Feng <cx...@gmail.com>.
+1

Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> 于2021年4月15日周四 下午4:30写道:

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by Hanks Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
+0 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
After retirement, Weex would be developed under the umbrella of ASF.
But it can still be developed in some other place.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the explanation.
Let's move on to the next process.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by Hanks Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, there

--
Best Regards
York Shen

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by chenzefeng <ch...@ymt360.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by Adam Feng <cx...@gmail.com>.
Hi, YorkShen,  really thanks for your contribution to Apache Weex and its

申远 <sh...@gmail.com> 于2021年4月20日周二 上午12:50写道:

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Binding).

What a pity.

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by Dongming <ai...@qq.com>.
It's a pity to retire

发自我的iPhone

From: Willem Jiang <willem.jiang@gmail.com&gt;
Date: Fri,May 7,2021 7:05 PM
To: dev <dev@weex.apache.org&gt;
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

It&nbsp;has&nbsp;been&nbsp;a&nbsp;while,&nbsp;I&nbsp;need&nbsp;to&nbsp;close&nbsp;this&nbsp;vote&nbsp;even&nbsp;though&nbsp;we&nbsp;just&nbsp;got
a&nbsp;2&nbsp;+1&nbsp;binding&nbsp;vote&nbsp;(Willem,&nbsp;YorkShen),&nbsp;1&nbsp;+0&nbsp;binding&nbsp;vote(Adam&nbsp;Feng)
and&nbsp;1&nbsp;+0&nbsp;non-binding&nbsp;vote(Hanks&nbsp;Zhang).
As&nbsp;there&nbsp;is&nbsp;no&nbsp;-1,&nbsp;we&nbsp;will&nbsp;go&nbsp;through&nbsp;the&nbsp;retirement&nbsp;process.

Willem&nbsp;Jiang

Twitter:&nbsp;willemjiang
Weibo:&nbsp;姜宁willem

On&nbsp;Thu,&nbsp;Apr&nbsp;15,&nbsp;2021&nbsp;at&nbsp;9:30&nbsp;AM&nbsp;Willem&nbsp;Jiang&nbsp;<willem.jiang@gmail.com&gt;&nbsp;wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;As&nbsp;the&nbsp;Weex&nbsp;Podling&nbsp;project&nbsp;PPMC&nbsp;is&nbsp;not&nbsp;active&nbsp;enough,&nbsp;it&nbsp;is&nbsp;time&nbsp;to
&gt;&nbsp;think&nbsp;about&nbsp;going&nbsp;through&nbsp;the&nbsp;retirement&nbsp;process[1].
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;I&nbsp;just&nbsp;quote&nbsp;the&nbsp;guide&nbsp;of&nbsp;Incubator&nbsp;retirement[2],&nbsp;incase&nbsp;of&nbsp;you
&gt;&nbsp;aren't&nbsp;familiar&nbsp;with&nbsp;the&nbsp;process.
&gt;&nbsp;After&nbsp;retirement,&nbsp;"&nbsp;the&nbsp;project&nbsp;is&nbsp;no&nbsp;longer&nbsp;developed&nbsp;at&nbsp;the&nbsp;Apache
&gt;&nbsp;Incubator&nbsp;and&nbsp;does&nbsp;not&nbsp;have&nbsp;any&nbsp;other&nbsp;duties.&nbsp;It’s&nbsp;important&nbsp;to&nbsp;view
&gt;&nbsp;this&nbsp;process&nbsp;as&nbsp;being&nbsp;the&nbsp;retirement&nbsp;of&nbsp;the&nbsp;podling&nbsp;community,&nbsp;not&nbsp;the
&gt;&nbsp;code.&nbsp;It&nbsp;should&nbsp;not&nbsp;be&nbsp;implied&nbsp;that&nbsp;the&nbsp;code&nbsp;is&nbsp;not&nbsp;for&nbsp;use&nbsp;-&nbsp;just
&gt;&nbsp;that&nbsp;it&nbsp;has&nbsp;no&nbsp;community.&nbsp;So&nbsp;long&nbsp;as&nbsp;the&nbsp;Incubator’s&nbsp;copyright
&gt;&nbsp;requirements&nbsp;are&nbsp;fulfilled&nbsp;by&nbsp;the&nbsp;podling&nbsp;prior&nbsp;to&nbsp;retirement,&nbsp;its
&gt;&nbsp;source&nbsp;code&nbsp;will&nbsp;continue&nbsp;to&nbsp;be&nbsp;made&nbsp;available&nbsp;through&nbsp;version
&gt;&nbsp;control."
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;Please&nbsp;vote&nbsp;to&nbsp;retirement&nbsp;of&nbsp;Weex:
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;[&nbsp;]&nbsp;+1&nbsp;Support&nbsp;to&nbsp;retire&nbsp;Weex&nbsp;from&nbsp;Apache&nbsp;Incubator
&gt;&nbsp;[&nbsp;]&nbsp;-1&nbsp;&nbsp;Do&nbsp;not&nbsp;Support&nbsp;to&nbsp;retire&nbsp;Weex&nbsp;from&nbsp;Apache&nbsp;Incubator&nbsp;(please
&gt;&nbsp;provide&nbsp;specific&nbsp;comments)
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;This&nbsp;vote&nbsp;will&nbsp;be&nbsp;open&nbsp;for&nbsp;at&nbsp;least&nbsp;72&nbsp;hours.
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;[1]https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html#deciding_to_retire
&gt;&nbsp;[2]https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html#what_is_retirement
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;Thanks,
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;Willem&nbsp;Jiang
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;Twitter:&nbsp;willemjiang
&gt;&nbsp;Weibo:&nbsp;姜宁willem

Re: [VOTE] Retirement of Weex

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It has been a while, I need to close this vote even though we just got
a 2 +1 binding vote (Willem, YorkShen), 1 +0 binding vote(Adam Feng)
and 1 +0 non-binding vote(Hanks Zhang).
As there is no -1, we will go through the retirement process.