Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Aron Benett <ab...@revenuetech.com> on 2001/08/06 18:40:19 UTC

ObjectStore and Turbine

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone out there has attempted or succeeded in making
Turbine work with ObjectStore or some other Object database. We are
currently thinking about using Turbine but use ObjectStore as our
persistence mechanism.

Any info would be greatly appreciated,

aron benett
abenett@revenuetech.com

Re: ObjectStore and Turbine

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 8/6/01 12:40 PM, "Aron Benett" <ab...@revenuetech.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there has attempted or succeeded in making
> Turbine work with ObjectStore or some other Object database. We are
> currently thinking about using Turbine but use ObjectStore as our
> persistence mechanism.
>
> Any info would be greatly appreciated,

If you are talking about persistence you should now be talking about making
ObjectStore work with Torque. I am hoping that the next version of Torque is
based on the work of Scott Ambler and his design allows for the use of
relation dbs, object dbs, file and whatever you might like to use for the
persistence mechanism. As yet no one has implemented anything using an
object or object relational database.

> aron benett
> abenett@revenuetech.com

jvz.