Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Adrian Ghizaru <ad...@rpromo.com> on 2002/10/03 02:27:09 UTC

Problem starting Apache w/ mod_perl2 + Embperl 2.0b8

Hello all!

I have recently upgraded Apache from 2.0.39 to .40 (w/ the subsequent recompilation of modperl 2 and Embperl 2.0b8) and, with the same configuration that previously worked perfectly, I now receive an error from apache saying

Invalid command 'Embperl_UseEnv', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

In my httpd.conf, I have

LoadModule embperl_module modules/Embperl.so
[...]
<IfModule mod_perl.c>
  PerlModule Embperl
  Embperl_Useenv on
  PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_FILESMATCH "\.(html?|epl)$"
  PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_URIMATCH "\.(html?|epl)$"
  PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE template.epl
  PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_FALLBACK fallback.epl
  PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS "no"
</IfModule>
[...]
        <Files ~ "\.(html?|epl)$">
                SetHandler perl-script
                PerlHandler Embperl::Object
        </Files>

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I really have no clue what the problem can be.
Thanks.
- Adrian

Re: Problem starting Apache w/ mod_perl2 + Embperl 2.0b8

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
>I have recently upgraded Apache from 2.0.39 to .40 (w/ the subsequent
recompilation of
>modperl 2 and Embperl 2.0b8) and, with the same configuration that
previously worked
>perfectly, I now receive an error from apache saying
>
>Invalid command 'Embperl_UseEnv', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not included in
>the server configuration

Do you have a ClearModuleList directive in your httpd.conf? If yes, you need
to remove it

Gerald

Re: Problem starting Apache w/ mod_perl2 + Embperl 2.0b8

Posted by Ulrike Schepp <sc...@dark.lahn.de>.
Hi!

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Adrian Ghizaru wrote:

> Invalid command 'Embperl_UseEnv', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by
                             ---
[...]
>   Embperl_Useenv on
              ---

Maybe here is the problem? Use_E_nv instead of Use_e_nv? Without the
"_"'s of course

Regards
Ulrike
--
* NAMES: Ulrike Schepp                    COMMERCIALS: Schepp Softwaredesign
* EMAIL: schepp@dark.lahn.de (priv.)      schepp@schepp-softwaredesign.de