Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org> on 2018/04/26 10:21:10 UTC

ApacheCon current-event banner

I'm contributing in the Apache ComDev project and we would like to spread out informations about Apache-related events such as ApacheCon.

Rich Bowen started a thread about this topic and we are actually searching to use a dynamic banner that will be updated automatically without the need to update the website everytime for every new event. On the dev@community.a.o list Rich Bowen asked to get this included in as many project websites as possible [2].

It would be great to have also Archiva website updated to include the current-event banner described in the first step of this README [1].

To track the progress of all projects updating their website, a link to this thread will be put in a shared google spreadsheet [3].

Thank you so much for your cooperation.

Cheers,
Piergiorgio

[1] - http://apache.org/events/README.txt
[2] - https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d672b1849f6668c0f67ff4c71b20bbb4f56a49a1777607b12643d1dc@%3Cdev.community.apache.org%3E
[3] - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/101O3EVBYv_QhHW74bFLoO89ydaXoUJW4AC97YhnR530/edit#gid=0

RE: ApacheCon current-event banner

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi
Integration is tricky as it is for apache maven (we use site generated with maven)
I made a small proposition with this PR[1]. It make the information a bit far down the page.

Regards
Eric
[1] https://github.com/apache/archiva-site/pull/1