Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "RALLS,CASEY (HP-Boise,ex1)" <ca...@hp.com> on 2004/02/20 21:42:46 UTC

SpamAssassin Qmail Notes

Hi John,

I'm trying to get Qmail to work with SpamAssassin. I'm reading your
README.qmail-spamc file and have done the following.

Added the following to /etc/profile

env QMAILQUEUE='/usr/bin/qmail-spamc' ( I am using env because I am on a
FreeBSD 5.1 machine).

My Qmail startup script is /var/qmail/rc and it looks like this:

#!/bin/sh

# Using splogger to send the log through syslog.

# Using qmail-local to deliver messages to ~/Mailbox by default.

exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \

exec env - QMAILQUEUE='/usr/bin/qmail-spamc'

qmail-start ./Maildir/ splogger qmail

So from what I can see in your readme everything is setup the way it's
supposed to be.

So now I've tried to send the string from sample-spam.txt that looks like
this:

XJS*C4JDBQADN1.NSBN3*2IDNEN*GTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAIL*C.34X

And apparently it's supposed to block this e-mail or do something but it
just goes right to my inbox. Is there something else I'm missing?

I am also running /usr/local/bin/spamd in my processes.

Thanks for any time you can spend with me.

-Casey