Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sebastian Podjasek <Se...@morenet.pl> on 2004/03/16 17:16:38 UTC

Question: $r->log_error quotation

Hello everyone,
sorry for bothering but something changed from my previous mod_perl
version. Now I'm using 1.29.0.2-4 from Debian package, previosly
I've used 'log_error' to dump some variables via Data::Dumper for
debugging. Currently it is almost impossible to read the output
because text isn't quoted?? for example I get '\n' instead of new
line, or every national character is escaped as hex.

Could someone please tell me what was changed, or where can I change
it back.

Thanks for reading ;)
and sorry for trashing this list.

Best regards,
English is not my mother tongue so sorry for all my mistakes.

Re: FYI: Apache 1.3 and 2.0.x now escape \n in error_log

Posted by Sebastian Podjasek <Se...@morenet.pl>.

> Yes, both Apache generations now escape almost everything that goes to
> the error_log. Please read about the new -DAP_UNSAFE_ERROR_LOG_UNESCAPED
> compile time option.
>
> Apache 1.3:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Unescaping_F_error_log_
>
> Apache 2.0:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Apache

Thanks, I'll try to search better next time ;)

FYI: Apache 1.3 and 2.0.x now escape \n in error_log (was: Re: Question: $r->log_error quotation)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.