Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Roee Tarab <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/29 16:23:17 UTC

solr-extracting features values

Hi,
I have a 80000 Question&Answer core, and a feature file as well. Im trying
to extract feature values for each Q&A couple in order to use them for
training an algorithm (in order to build a model).
Can you help me to extract those feature values?
Thanks!

Re: solr-extracting features values

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.
The current feature extraction implementation in Solr is oriented to the
Learning To Rank re-ranking capability, it is not built for feature
extraction ( to then train your model).

I am afraid you will need to implement your own system, that does multiple
queries to Solr with the extraction feature enabled and then parse the
results to build your training set.
Do you have query level or query dependant features ?
In case you are lucky enough to just have document level features, you may
end up in a slightly simplified scenario.

Cheers

-----
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io