Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by NaveenKumar Namachivayam <ca...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/19 00:09:59 UTC

Log4j 2.17 Update

Hi Team,

Log4j 2.17 has been released for the CVE-2021-45105. Any plans to release a
minor version or, are we going to Jmeter 5.5?

Any input please?

Thanks!
‌

Re: Log4j 2.17 Update

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com>.
Hello,
This CVE is not as critical as previous ones, it allows denial of service
not to take control of server.
since JMeter is not a server application but more a client tool, I don’t
think there is an urgent need to release a new version.

See:
-
https://snyk.io/blog/log4j-2-16-high-severity-vulnerability-cve-cve-2021-45105-discovered/

Regards