Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Manjeet Singh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/23 18:26:55 UTC

Re: Hbase Row key lock

Hi All,

I have read below mention blog and it also said Hbase holds the lock on
rowkey level
https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/apache_hbase_internals_locking_and
(0) Obtain Row Lock
(1) Write to Write-Ahead-Log (WAL)
(2) Update MemStore: write each cell to the memstore
(3) Release Row Lock

SO question is how to solve this if I have very frequent update on Hbase

Thanks
Manjeet

--
luv all

Re: Hbase Row key lock

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
As per my experience, in normal case lock wont be held for 60 seconds.
How many writes/sec per node you are doing?
Seems like there is some hotspotting in your use case or cluster might need
some tuning/tweaking. Have you verified that your writes/reads are evenly
spread out. Do u have a time component as prefix of your rowkey?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Hbase Row key lock

Posted by Manjeet Singh <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Hbase Row key lock

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Hbase Row key lock

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Manjeet:
Did you have a chance to get jstack during the lock contention period ?

Cheers

Re: Hbase Row key lock

Posted by Manjeet Singh <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hbase Row key lock