Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Vijay Shinde <Vi...@morganstanley.com> on 2003/01/08 17:28:39 UTC

SOAP AND wsdl Resources

Hi,

I am using SOAP for last  2 weeks .I am able to run the simple sample
examples.
I also went thro' the SOAP documentation.Now i want to explore SOAP and
WSDL.
I was refering Java and SOAP book by oreilly .Could any one guide some
better resources for this?.

Thanx & Regards,
Vijay

--
This communication is intended for the addressee(s) and may contain
confidential and legally privileged information.  We do not waive

RE: SOAP AND wsdl Resources

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Vijay,

If you are just starting out with SOAP, I suggest you use Apache Axis rather
than Apache SOAP (http://xml.apache.org/axis).
Axis is the follow-on/replacement project to SOAP.
SOAP doesn't support WSDL. Axis does support WSDL.
SOAP uses a proprietary API. Axis uses the standard JAX-RPC API.

Books on Axis:
AXIS: The Next Generation of Java SOAP (Wrox)
Beginning Java WebServices (Wrox)
Professional Open Source Web Services (Wrox)

Anne

RE: SOAP AND wsdl Resources

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Vijay,