Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "raul-info@r-bg.com" <ra...@r-bg.com> on 2004/04/17 15:56:03 UTC

Question about iop test of c14n

Hi,
    I'm refacotoring the c14n and i see that i can get some minor
speed-ups, but I have found something strange. It is this vector correct?
xml-security/data/interop/c14n/Y4/c14n-24.txt

It isn't a valid xml file, I'm missing something?

Perhaps i need to read better the recomendation. But any explanation is
good.

Re: Question about iop test of c14n

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
One of the really cool things about c14n is it doesn't necessarily
result in valid XML <GRIN>.

C14n takes as an input a node-set, which may not be a complete XML
document.  That means you can use it to canonicalise only the data in
the document that you are interested in signing.

As an example - if an XPath expression is used in a transform that
selects only the attribute nodes of an input document, and that
resultant node-set is passed to c14n, then the output of the
canonicaliser will be only the attribute nodes.

Cheers,
	Berin