Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bbrown <bb...@botspiritcompany.com> on 2007/11/28 00:08:08 UTC

Solr and nutch, for reading a nutch index

I couldn't tell if this was asked before.  But I want to perform a nutch crawl
without any solr plugin which will simply write to some index directory.  And
then ideally I would like to use solr for searching?  I am assuming this is
possible?

--
Berlin Brown
[berlin dot brown at gmail dot com]

Re: Solr and nutch, for reading a nutch index

Posted by Norberto Meijome <fr...@meijome.net>.
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:12:13 -0500
Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am> wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2007, at 6:08 PM, bbrown wrote:
>
> > I couldn't tell if this was asked before.  But I want to perform a
> > nutch crawl
> > without any solr plugin which will simply write to some index
> > directory.  And
> > then ideally I would like to use solr for searching?  I am assuming
> > this is
> > possible?
> >

> yes, this is quite possible. You need to have a solr schema that
> mimics the nutch schema, see sami's solrindexer for an example. Once
> you've got that schema, simply set the data dir in your solrconfig to
> the nutch index location and you'll be set.

I think you should keep an eye on the versions of Lucene library used by both Nutch + Solr - differences at this layer *could* make them incompatible - but I am not an expert...

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
  Laurence J. Peter

Re: Solr and nutch, for reading a nutch index

Posted by Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am>.