Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ben Matz <bm...@bidsync.com> on 2010/07/19 18:45:55 UTC

Odd Behavior

I am a total newbie with ANT so any ideas as to what is causing the following would be awesome.

I added a couple Selenium jars to my build lib and when I run ANT it reverts my ANT version to 1.6.5 (per calling ant -version) whereas it is actually 1.7.1?  When I remove the jars the version goes back to 1.7.1?! Is that bizarre or what?

Re: Odd Behavior

Posted by Ben Matz <bm...@bidsync.com>.
Ya, so I viewed the selenium-server.jar file and indeed it was bundled with it's own version of ANT. Weird. So instead of using that jar I used the selenium-server-coreless.jar, which didn't have a ANT bundled in it and that WORKED. Thanks Stefan pointing me in the right direction!

BTW -- I actually wasn't sticking this jar in my $ANT_HOME/lib directory I was just sticking it in a lib directory that my java application uses during the build. So really bizarre.

Re: Odd Behavior

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Odd Behavior

Posted by Ben Matz <bm...@bidsync.com>.
Thanks for you reply Martin, I wasn't using the grid and I actually do have 1.7.1. It was reverting it to 1.6.5 during the build. Turns out it the selenium-server.jar comes bundled with ANT 1.6.5 so used selenium-server-coreless.jar instead which doesn't have ANT bundled with it, and that fixed it.

RE: Odd Behavior

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.