Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2003/08/30 04:46:45 UTC

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/todo api.txt

>                todo     api.txt
>   Log:
>   slurp_filename is now implemented in C, remove the slurp_filename entry
>   from various todo lists,

>   -* slurp_filename's C implementation.
>   -

Doug didn't remember why he said we shouldn't implement it 2 years ago. The
current implementation is at least twice faster than the mp1's implementation
(it now uses apr_ API) and at least four times faster than the pure perl
implementation. It now also allows you to get untainted SV if you know what
you are doing (useful for internal use, e.g. in registry scripts). By default
it returns tainted data as before.