Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2008/06/10 01:12:52 UTC

UIMA-AS - should Derby be included?

The current build includes Derby in
...apache-uima-as\apache-activemq-4.1.1\lib\optional.  Is this correct?
I thought it wasn't needed in the way UIMA-AS uses ActiveMQ.

-Marshall

Re: UIMA-AS - should Derby be included?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Eddie Epstein wrote:
> Derby is not needed when using the AMQ configuration file distributed with
> UIMA AS.
>
> If the AMQ configuration is changed to use journaling, Derby is required,
> but as of now there is no advantage that I know of for enabling journaling
> with UIMA AS. This is because UIMA AS supports timeout and retry for remote
> calls.
>
> What changes if Derby is left out?

Well, maybe something breaks (a risk).  The binary build is smaller (2
MB Jar).  Derby is already under Apache 2.0 license, so our license file
doesn't change, I think.

-Marshall

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.