Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2003/08/28 13:10:51 UTC

[5.0] JMX 1.2

As discussed before, I'm going to package the JMX RI 1.2.1 with TC 5.0.x
from now on (after testing, of course).
I'll leave MX4J part of the build process.

Q to the Sun folks: can I legally ship the JMX remote 1.0 RI binary with
Tomcat ?

Remy

RE: [5.0] JMX 1.2

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Remy,

Any further thoughts on this now the licencing issues appear to be resolved?
Just thinking about how to fix bug 28178.

Mark

Re: [5.0] JMX 1.2

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: [5.0] JMX 1.2

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.
Hi Remy,

JSR 160 will go final in October (assuming the final ballot passes, as
seems very likely).  At that stage the RI will be released under
essentially the same licensing terms as the JMX RI.  So yes, Tomcat will
be able to use it.

Amy