Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com> on 2002/07/18 16:29:45 UTC

"Nvelocity"

Feodor and Yauheny,

In recent discussions about licensing, you indicated that you have a port of
the Velocity Template Engine for .NET.

I would like to discuss with you the possibility of bringing that project to
Jakarta and make it a part of the Velocity project.  I am including the
Jakarta PMC and the Velocity-user list in this email to let both groups know
I am starting this discussion.  We can continue in a public forum, or take
this private.  If private (where I think we can be more colloquial in our
discussion), I will report back to both groups the status of the discussion.

We are interested in strengthening the Velocity community through the
addition of such efforts, as bringing implementations in multiple languages
together strengthens the project and community as a whole, and helps ensure
compatibility and a common vision of where the project should go.

Let me/us know your thoughts.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.