Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Selvam T, Palani" <Pa...@altisource.com> on 2011/07/14 13:59:17 UTC

JMeter crashed

All,

I'm using Jmeter versions and configurations same in my machine as well
as another machine. Another machine got JMeter crash for 100 concurrent
users. I never got like that in my machine.

Both machines have 2 GB RAM and JVM configured for 512 MB RAM. Any other
settings, should I check it? Help, Please...

Thanks & Regards,

Palani Selvam

This E-mail message and its attachments, if any are intended solely for the use of the addressee hereof. In addition, this message and the attachments, if any may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this transmission.

Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient is not intended to waive any right or privilege. If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply E-mail and immediately delete this message from your system.  Instructions transmitted over this system are not binding on us until they are confirmed by us. Message transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or free of software virus. While Altisource Portfolio Solutions and its subsidiaries collectively "Altisource" takes every reasonable precaution to minimize such risks, Altisource cannot accept liability for any damage sustained by you or any third party as a result of software viruses.

Re: JMeter crashed

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
hi,

look into the bin folder where jmeter is installed and look for a java
memory-dump file - just in case it crashed with an out of memory specific
error. If this is the case, consider what you are doing wrong in terms of
memory usage (too many listeners, running in GUI / non-GUI mode, etc - see
dump file, check the jmeter logs for what went wrong, if you have something
concrete post it here -  someone might be able to help then. if logging
level didn't cover the problem (i.e. nothing relevant in logs), you should
modify the logging level & try reproducing the problem then.

anyway, my hope is that something trivial occurred, like an out of memory
issue.

PS: remember that if you don't provide the minimum necessary information, it
is hard to find an answer to your particular issue.