Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Chengzhi Zhao <w....@gmail.com> on 2018/10/22 17:26:36 UTC

Understand Broadcast State in Node Failure Case

Hey folks,

We are trying to use the broadcast state as "Shared Rule" state to filter
test data in our stream pipeline, the broadcast will be connected with
other streams in the pipeline.
I noticed on broadcast_state[1] important consideration page, it is
mentioned *No RocksDB state backend* and state would be kept in in-memory
at runtime.

I am trying to figure out how it works, for example,
1. If a node goes down, will broadcast state lost the entire state for that
node and then sync from other nodes?
2. In case of the entire job fail or savepoint been triggered, how
broadcast state get its state back or additional bootstrapping logic needs
to be added ourselves?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Chengzhi

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/dev/stream/state/broadcast_state.html#important-considerations

Re: Understand Broadcast State in Node Failure Case

Posted by Chengzhi Zhao <w....@gmail.com>.
Thanks Fabian for the clarification!

Best regards,
Chengzhi