Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mohd Zainal Abidin Rabani <za...@nocser.net> on 2016/07/01 07:57:02 UTC

Instnace Hostname issue

Hi,

When creating instance, let's say I put test-vm.local. I create instance
using template that I make from iso installation. After vm running, when I
goes into OS it did not set hostname to test-vm.local. What do I need to fix
to settle this issue?

Thanks.

RE: Instnace Hostname issue

Posted by Glenn Wagner <gl...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi,

When creating the template check that the hostname in /etc/hostname has been removed (file is blank)
Also check /etc/sysconfig/network for a hostname

Regards
Glenn

glenn.wagner@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West, Cape Town  7130South Africa
@shapeblue

RE: Instnace Hostname issue