Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2007/11/30 10:32:04 UTC

Sling / microsling sessions at ApacheCon EU 2008?

Hi,

I did propose a "discover microsling" talk, that we meant to give
together with Felix.

It has not been accepted for the main track, but the planners suggest
proposing it for the fast feather track (that's shorter 15 minute
talks).

Was anyone's Sling / microsling talk accepted for the main track? If
yes it'd be good to coordinate our content.

>From what I know (but this has not been confirmed yet), some fast
feather track slots might be left open until very late in the
planning, maybe two weeks before the conference. If that happens, that
would be a good opportunity to present bleeding-edge stuff (microsling
might not be bleeding edge any more by then ;-)

See http://www.eu.apachecon.com/ for more info about the conference.

-Bertrand

Re: Sling / microsling sessions at ApacheCon EU 2008?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Alexandru Popescu ☀ wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2007 1:19 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On the good side, my famous JCR talk got accepted and I want to mention
>> Sling there as well .
>>

> Sorry Carsten, what is your JCR talk about?

:) It's a basic JCR talk trying to give some overview and provide some
guidance on content modeling etc. I'm also planing to do some demos with
jackrabbit and sling...

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Sling / microsling sessions at ApacheCon EU 2008?

Posted by Alexandru Popescu ☀ <th...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 1, 2007 1:19 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:

> On the good side, my famous JCR talk got accepted and I want to mention
> Sling there as well .

Sorry Carsten, what is your JCR talk about?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007, at 1:32 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> I did propose a "discover microsling" talk, that we meant to give
>> together with Felix.
>>
>> It has not been accepted for the main track, but the planners suggest
>> proposing it for the fast feather track (that's shorter 15 minute
>> talks).
>>
>> Was anyone's Sling / microsling talk accepted for the main track? If
>> yes it'd be good to coordinate our content.
>
> My talk on REST was accepted.  If we have a good story on doing RESTful
> application deployment with Sling in a couple slides (that I can
> understand), then I will make it part of my talk.

None of the Sling talks were accepted - but all Sling talks can be
resubmitted
for the fast feather track. I would like to think/talk about this next
week when I have a little bit more time :)

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Nov 30, 2007, at 1:32 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> I did propose a "discover microsling" talk, that we meant to give
> together with Felix.
>
> It has not been accepted for the main track, but the planners suggest
> proposing it for the fast feather track (that's shorter 15 minute
> talks).
>
> Was anyone's Sling / microsling talk accepted for the main track? If
> yes it'd be good to coordinate our content.

My talk on REST was accepted.  If we have a good story on doing RESTful
application deployment with Sling in a couple slides (that I can
understand), then I will make it part of my talk.

....Roy

Re: Sling / microsling sessions at ApacheCon EU 2008?

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 30.11.2007, 10:32 +0100 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> Was anyone's Sling / microsling talk accepted for the main track? If
> yes it'd be good to coordinate our content.

My talks (adding scripting and building a simple wiki) have not been
accepted either. I am not sure, whether "building a wiki" fits in 15
minutes :-) Regarding the scripting talk, I would rather not do it, as
we head towards JSR-223 so, adding a scripting language is more
concerned with how to supper JSR-223 in your favourite scripting
language.

> >From what I know (but this has not been confirmed yet), some fast
> feather track slots might be left open until very late in the
> planning, maybe two weeks before the conference. If that happens, that
> would be a good opportunity to present bleeding-edge stuff (microsling
> might not be bleeding edge any more by then ;-)

Sounds good.

Regards
Felix