Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de> on 2006/10/19 09:28:03 UTC

[VOTE] JAMES 2.3.0 final :-)

Hi all,

i think we are now ready to VOTE for the 2.3.0 final release of james. I
build,sign and upload the release.. You can grab it from:

http://people.apache.org/~norman/james/downloads/

Plz review

The other question is should we fix the sendmail wrapper in the 2.3.0
release ? Or should we remove the wrapper and only keep it in trunk ?
See JAMES-662.
In the build its not fixed and included..

bye
Norman

Re: [VOTE] JAMES 2.3.0 final :-)

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i think we are now ready to VOTE for the 2.3.0 final release of james. I
> build,sign and upload the release.. You can grab it from:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~norman/james/downloads/
>
> Plz review

+1 to release 2.3.0RC5 as final.
Stefano Bagnara

The only difference between RC5 and the prepared artifact is the version
number.

> The other question is should we fix the sendmail wrapper in the 2.3.0
> release ? Or should we remove the wrapper and only keep it in trunk ?
> See JAMES-662.
> In the build its not fixed and included..

Imho we should release 2.3.0 as is. This "minor" fix and maybe more
belongs to 2.3.1 or to 2.4.0 (and I guess this decision belongs to some
day in november).

Stefano

Re: [VOTE] JAMES 2.3.0 final :-)

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.
> > i think we are now ready to VOTE for the 2.3.0 final release of james. I
> > build,sign and upload the release.. You can grab it from:

+1

> > The other question is should we fix the sendmail wrapper in the 2.3.0
> > release ? Or should we remove the wrapper and only keep it in trunk ?
> > See JAMES-662.
> > In the build its not fixed and included..
> >
> Let's leave it out for a future release.

+1

Re: [VOTE] JAMES 2.3.0 final :-)

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
+1 for releasing 2.3.0rc5 as 2.3.0 final.

Vincenzo