Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2002/12/27 09:36:59 UTC

Switching Modules - isn't working for me...

It's late, so it's possible my problem is something small and I just
need a second set of eyes on it.  I am trying to configure my
application have an "upload" module.  I'm following the instructions at
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/configuration.html#module_con
fig-switching.

In my <global-forwards>, I have the following forward:

        <!-- Switch to upload sub-application -->
        <forward name="uploadResume" contextRelative="true"
            path="/upload/index.do" redirect="true" />

I have my ActionServlet configured as follows:

        <init-param>
            <param-name>config</param-name>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>config/upload</param-name>
            <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-upload.xml</param-value>
        </init-param>

And struts-upload.xml has the following action-mappings:

        <!-- Router to upload tiles definition -->
        <action
            path="/index"
            type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
            parameter="upload"/>

        <!-- Upload Action -->
        <action    path="/uploadFile"
                   type="org.appfuse.webapp.actions.UploadAction"
                   name="uploadForm"
                  scope="request"
                  input="upload">
            <forward name="success" path="display" />
       </action>

Where "upload" and "display" are tiles definitions.  When I try to
access this forward (either via link or direct URL), I get:

Tomcat 404: The requested resource (/appfuse/upload) is not available.

And in the log file:

INFO [Thread-4] [org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources]
PropertyMessageResources.<init>(127) | Initializing, c
onfig='com.fgm.web.menu.displayer.DisplayerStrings', returnNull=true
INFO [Thread-4] [org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor]
TilesRequestProcessor.initDefinitionsMapping(154) | Tile
s definition factory found for request processor '/upload'.
INFO [Thread-4] [org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor]
RequestProcessor.process(225) | Processing a 'GET' for path
DEBUG [Thread-4] [org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor]
RequestProcessor.processActionCreate(305) |  Looking for Ac
tion instance for class org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction
DEBUG [Thread-4] [org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor]
RequestProcessor.processActionCreate(321) |   Creating new
Action instance
DEBUG [Thread-4] [org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor]
RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(428) | processForward
Config(ForwardConfig[name=null,path=upload,redirect=false,contextRelativ
e=true])

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt