Posted to users@camel.apache.org by umeetiusbaarus <hi...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/30 12:45:26 UTC

Dropbox - localPath needs to exist at route building

Hi!
I am trying out camel-dropbox in my integration but I bumped into a small
problem: the component needs to have the directory or file described in
"localPath" existing already when constructing the routes. In my use case I
would create the local file prior to copying it to Dropbox in the routing
but the file does not exist before the route executes. The error I get is
this:
Caused by: org.apache.camel.component.dropbox.util.DropboxException: option
&lt;localPath&gt; is not an existing file or directory!	at
org.apache.camel.component.dropbox.validator.DropboxConfigurationValidator.validateLocalPath(DropboxConfigurationValidator.java:100)
at
org.apache.camel.component.dropbox.validator.DropboxConfigurationValidator.validatePutOp(DropboxConfigurationValidator.java:69)
at
org.apache.camel.component.dropbox.validator.DropboxConfigurationValidator.validate(DropboxConfigurationValidator.java:45)
at
org.apache.camel.component.dropbox.DropboxComponent.createEndpoint(DropboxComponent.java:69)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultComponent.createEndpoint(DefaultComponent.java:112)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.getEndpoint(DefaultCamelContext.java:602)
... 43 common frames omitted
Would it be possible to remove this constraint that "localPath" needs to
exist at route construction?
My Camel version is 2.18.0.

--teemu
PS. It would also be really nice if the component could get the message body
and upload it into Dropbox without the need to construct a local file first.
PPS. Any plans of writing this component to use the latest Dropbox API
version (2.x)?